Monday, April 20, 2009

Comfort Zone



After a quarter of a year's worth of waiting, I am happy to announce that I am now part of the nation's work force. It's a nice feeling. :)

On the other hand, "Hello, Makati work" also means "Goodbye, Lipa home". Having spent a year out of school, I felt my life has been so unstructured during the past twelve months that it will be difficult for me to establish a new routine. I was excited to start working but I have to admit that the nervousness that came along with venturing into something new almost got the best of me. Almost. My stress level was on high last week because I was thinking of all the things I need to be taking care of that I ended up overwhelming myself.

There were a lot of things I had to learn especially the "how to commute from where I live to where I work" part. I am staying at an area in Metro Manila that is basically new to me so the commute is a major issue. Moreover, the condominium unit my dad, my older brother and I are living in isn't fully furnished yet, which makes cooking food or putting away things, washing dishes/clothes more challenging so to speak. My work alone is a whole new thing in itself that I have to get used to and comfortable with.

Thankfully, my first week at work and stay here in the condo went very well. Honestly, there are still a lot of adjustments going on but the transition is quite smooth and I am very glad. A little disruption in my comfort zone isn't so bad. I know everyone gets a 'shaking' in their life every now and then. It's the only way we move forward. 

Right now, I am blessed that one by one, things are slowly falling into place for me. God is really good. I know He's molding me into the person He wants me to be. In college, a close friend of mine once told me: "We go where we are needed most." So far, I can't see myself being anywhere else.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Lian! Tama ka, lahat tayo dadaan talaga dyan. Sa susunod ikaw na ang magtuturo sa iba ng cheverloo chenes sa Makati. I'm just a text away pag nawawala ka na. Haha. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Neng! Oo nga eh. We all have our seasons. When can we meet ba? Gusto kong manood ng movie! ;)

    ReplyDelete


Share your thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...