Thursday, May 27, 2010

Leave a mark



Or what's left of it.

Last Tuesday, I decided to bring some of the stickers I have been keeping since sixth grade (roughly ten years ago) to the center where I work for the kids to use. One of the students celebrated his birthday that day and his peers from the social thinking group I help handle made a birthday card for the him. The children decorated their cards with lots of the stickers I brought with me. What fun!

It's a small step in learning to let go of many things that I hold on to. You see, I have this bad habit of keeping things I like and not using them because I am 'saving them for something special'. I say it's a bad habit because every day is a special day - another chance to live life and feel the love of God. As the saying goes, "Today is a gift that is why it is called the present." So, what am I waiting for, right? :)


Besides, I have this new sticker fever.

I discovered wall stickers at a store called Japan Home for only 200Php. There were different designs which are all equally beautiful but I immediately fell in love with the flowers the moment I laid eyes on it!


And so I began the slow process of putting my little pieces of joy together...


...until they started to take shape and grow colors...


... and blossom in to a bundle of hope and happiness sending sunshine to my room all the time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Share your thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...