Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hand treatment



My first manicure in the 22 years and 125 days that I've lived [so far]. :)

The nail salon near our office building was having a promo on nail and foot spa packages. What a treat! One of my co-teachers wanted to give the salon a try and invited me to join her. She and I went to the same university for our undergraduate degrees and we were co-officers in a particular organization back then as well. She got married not too long ago and her baby daughter is going to have her first birthday soon. Needless to say, we have a lot of catching up to do - more so now that we have been working together for almost a year already.

So, yesterday, she set a pamper day schedule for the two of us.  We ate lunch quickly so we can have some girl-bonding time for the rest of the lunch break period. It was both our first time to try the salon services and it was pretty great. The staff were very warm and friendly and the salon ambiance was relaxing. :) Ooohh, we could've spent the rest of the day there if only we didn't have work in the afternoon.

Anyway, the nail polish color that I picked for my fingernails was aptly called "Moonlight and Roses". The name sounded poetic and catchy so I chose it among the many colors that they have. Moreover, the hue was soft and gentle to the eyes, which immediately made me decide that it was the perfect color. It embodies 'simplicity is beauty'.

Unfortunately, just after a few hours, some of the nail polish got ruined and chipped off when I began fixing materials for work with the kids. Good thing I took a nice picture of it before the nail mess up happened. I'm not used to having a manicure and, frankly, I don't think I will get used to having nail polish on my fingernails especially since I do a lot with my hands. Unless I can absolutely avoid any challenging and difficult hand-related activity, polished fingernails are a big NO for me.

Still, having my nails painted on special occasions wouldn't be so bad in my opinion. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Share your thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...