Thursday, June 25, 2009

To Infinity and Beyond!



I have so many things to share and so many stories to write but they just keep piling up as drafts, waiting to be published. It's about time I catch up.

My aunt came to visit from the Middle East and she gave me a new phone! How very kind of her. She gave me a Nokia 7610 Supernova. (Even the name is fancy, eh?) Quite a wonderful phone model. It's white in front and purple at the back... pretty. Nevertheless, I wouldn't have changed my phone if it weren't malfunctioning too badly especially when making/taking phone calls. The text messaging is okay but that can only go so far. Finally, my faithful Nokia 6610i is retired after so many years of service. But it'll always be there as my back-up phone.

Anyway, I was checking out the Supernova's features and stumbled upon the "Colourise Theme" where the colors of a picture you've taken becomes part of the theme that you choose. The photo above shows part of my Care Bears pillow case, which I used to colourise my phone's theme. It has so many hues in it which makes my phone's background look very lively. :)

So what else is new?

My family (and extended family) celebrated my Papa's 55th birthday at our house last June 20. We gathered for a hearty lunch and banter. A few hours later, we all went to Club Victorina for my cousin Averi Philinne's 7th birthday party. It was fun watching the kids enjoy the celebration. They were all in constumes. There were booths for ice cream, cotton candy and face paint. Clowns hosted the party and they did magic tricks. There were loads of games, too, of which I facilitated two: a modified version of musical chairs and a paper plate relay.

After the party, we headed over to the Paler's residence in St. Joseph Subdivision just to enjoy more time together before my aunt Ana leaves back for the Middle East. It was a very joyful day. Come Sunday, Father's Day, we celebrated some more after going to church.

Fast forward a little bit into the week.

I was at Trinoma yesterday at 7:00 pm for a special screening of Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen. It's a project of the UST College of Science Alumni Association. I felt like an undergrad student again seeing all the lower classmen that was there to support the event. It was a reunion of sorts as well seeing a lot of my batchmates and professors.

The twist to what was supposed to be a simple going-to-the-movies turned out to be a test of my sales abilities. There were still about 60 unsold tickets and the association decided to open the screening to the public. It was tough because Trinoma had almost all its cinemas showing the same movie at a little over half the price of what we were selling the tickets for. So I and a few other officers of the respective alumni associations per program (Psychology, Biology, etc.) went around to invite people to go over Cinema 5 to buy tickets from us.

It was kind of awkward at first because I wasn't prepared for it. For one, we already have a lot on our hands: people who forgot their tickets, cancelled reservations, etcetera. Moreover, I had no PR material, no posters, nothing. Just the tickets and my voice.

I mustered all my courage to approach people waiting around the cinemas and to tell them about our screening. I don't know how I did it but I made sure I had a smile on my face. A few of my co-officers were with me. The raspberry mocha kiss from Seattle's Best earlier might have helped, too. In half an hour, we were able to get a total of 10 people: a family of 5, a group of 3, and a boyfriend-girlfriend couple. Praise GOD! Things worked out for the best.

I enjoyed watching the movie. The 3D graphics and the cinematography were amazing. However, there were suggestive sexual content that I do not approve of. The violence I was able to tolerate more because it was a story of war between good and evil.

There was only one trailer... G.I. Joe. I wasn't surprised. The cartoons that I've seen growing up are now being turned to multi-million productions for big screen entertainment - but they are not too kid-friendly anymore. There was Transformers 1 and Speed Racer. I'm sure there will be more to come. You know how it is with media and entertainment. So choose your movies wisely.

Speaking of movies, today I was able to watch middle-to-ending parts of Toy Story 2 and Jurassic Park 1 on cable TV. Two movies I enjoyed watching when they came out. Oh, how I love their OSTs! Brings back memories. Later, if I have time, I'll watch Facing the Giants. I bought a copy at House of Praise in the mall back home. I can't wait to see it. :)

I have also moved forward with my little projects.

I recently discovered Picturebooks at Glorietta 4 for printing and compiling my digital photos. I plan to get a book done and see how good it is before I decide to have my pictures all compiled in photobooks or have my pictures printed individually and placed in a photo album myself. Also, I found out that there's a post office/mail kiosk at Market! Market! where I can get snail mail sent to any part of the world instead of going to Taguig City's actualy post office. Hooray!

Now that I have another day off from work (with the city is still under typhoon signal number 1 and elementary classes are suspended), I hope to do much cleaning and reading and perhaps a bit of jogging, too. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Share your thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...