Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sink or swim




The weather has been very gloomy these past few days and disasters have struck the land.

In Taft Avenue, Manila, classes have been suspended at De La Salle University because two cases of the A(H1N1) virus have already been noted and confirmed.

In Quezon City, houses and other properties have been destroyed because of extremely strong winds with a speed of 200 km/h reported to be a tornado equivalent to a signal number 4 typhoon. Similar incidents include flooding at the Camanava area, injuries and damages at the Mall of Asia concert grounds, and suspension of classes in Manila due to heavy rain and flood.

Sure enough, the monsoon season is here. However, weather isn't the only major issue the country is facing today - there are so much more. Join me in praying for the Philippines' resilience in the face of crises and calamities. 

Fortunately for me, my dad was here and he drove me to work this morning on his way to get his medical exam. By twelve noon, I called him and told him I'll be going home early because the center's afternoon session was already cancelled and the HR officer advised us to go home already. We met at Market! Market! and I joined him for lunch.

My afternoon was spent mostly catching up on reading (books, e-mails, articles, blog posts, etc.), organizing my computer files and updating my Google Desktop. Nothing special. I was also chatting with some friends.

During dinner with Papa, I heard thunder rumbling outside. A few moments later, torrents of rain came pouring down. What a wonderful time to go to sleep and bury myself under pillows and blankets.

Right now, I am still debating on what to do tomorrow and this weekend... to go or not to go... I better make up my mind - fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Share your thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...