Sunday, September 13, 2009

I Speak



I love a good conversation any time of the day. :)

Created after God's own image and likeness, man is the only creature in this planet that can make beautiful communication through words. Isn't that amazing? So why not put it to good use every day?

This week, I had very many interesting dialogues between friends, colleagues, and people that I have met for the first time. We talked about ideas and things that ranged from the most banal to the most philosophical, from the most real to the most surreal, and from the most practical to the most ideal.

After spending time in conversation with two different groups of people during two different nights recently, a realization occurred to me: 'We usually hate what we don't understand'. Hate might be too strong of a term but I think not understanding something illicits such an intense feeling of dislike in us more often than not. Afterall, man is a rational being. When something just doesn't make sense, it seems but natural for man to be frustrated and angry about it.

Fruitful conversations have opened my understanding of the world and life more besides my own personal experiences and reflections. It has also brought to my awareness the limitation of that understanding. And this is where the challenge comes in.

You see, the problem is that we always seek to know even if we are strongly aware that we are not all-knowing. God alone is omniscient.

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways," says the LORD.
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

-Isaiah 55:8-9 (NKJV)

When life seems to go awry beyond what our minds can conceive, God does not demand that we understand - that we make sense of it with a snap of the fingers. He only asks us to do what we can, with what we have and what we know... and all He asks for is our unrelenting faith in Him. When what's happening doesn't add up or doesn't make sense to you, perhaps it is an opportunity to pray for strength and courage to continue and the opportunity to let go of The Great WHY? into His hands.

And you know what? Sometimes, when you're talking to someone about something they don't understand - you find your own understanding in their confusion. All that was needed was another person's perspective. Surely, for all of us, God's point-of-view is the best there is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Share your thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...