Saturday, April 30, 2011

Royal Wedding of the Century



I have always had a special place in my heart for anything related to royal matters. I strongly feel the sense of history and tradition in the lives of the monarchs from Marie Antoinette to Sisi, from King Philip to Queen Elizabeth I, and now the present day royal family.

April 29, 2011 Friday
This day is history in-the-making and I am truly privileged to have witnessed it along with the rest of the world.

I want this day to remain forever in my memory for today marks a wonderful turning point in royal world history since the loss of the late Princess of Wales, Diana, whom I have admired so much even at my tender age of ten at the time [of her passing away].

This truly momentous day celebrates the union of Prince William Arthur Philip Louis Mountbatten-Windsor and Miss Catherine Elizabeth Middleton - now Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Earl and Countess of Strathearn, & Baron and Baroness Carrickfergus.




May their wedding mark the beginning of the British monarchy's openness to the changing times and to the people who are changing with it. May they prove through the years to come that fairy tales do come true. While the old classics will never die, some of those classics might be on the brink of being born today.

Best wishes to the newly-weds!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Share your thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...