Friday, March 20, 2009

Picture Perfect



"A photograph, can take you back instantly --- to a moment, a place, or even a person. No matter what else has changed in you or the world, that one photograph stays the same. Just like that moment." 

During my freshman year in college, digital cameras abound but they were too expensive at the time for my family to buy one. We had a manual, film camera and we're happy with that. My mom wouldn't let me take it around campus for random photo shoots though because the price of a roll of film and developing costs were beginning to soar. Nevertheless, I simply made the most out of what I have. Armed with my Nokia 6610i cellphone, I took the photos featured above - with zoom and macro settings based on a change in arm's length and the number of steps I am away from my subject of choice. Still, I loved the way the pictures came out. I would send the photos from my phone to my e-mail at P5.00 each. Each JPEG formatted image's resolution is only 352 x 288.

Such were the beginnings of my photography pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Share your thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...